|I've waited several months before I was willing to write a review about the 1050 mah LiFe packs. I purchased three of them to use in my XR10.
Downsides: Absolutely none.
1. Accepts crazy high charge rate and can deliver a heck of a lot more discharge than I will ever need on a crawler.
2. Almost no self-discharge. Put full charge in each, let them sit in my cold garage (it's January) for four weeks. Put them back on charger. Lowest one took 12 ma.
3. You're not risking burning down your house, your car, your RC. Seems like a pretty big upside to me.
4. I typically run slow with my crawler, but each battery nets me somewhere between 60-70 minutes of runtime. And, no, that's not an exaggeration.
5. They're lightweight. No, not quite as compact or light as a LiPo, but considering I'm not risking burning my house to the ground, I can live with a few extra millimeters and an additional ounce or two of weight.
Based on watching the charge on my charger, I'd recommend charging them with a balancing board as they do seem to get a little out of balance. I have no idea if the imbalance gets progressively worse without a balancer, but why buy good packs and not get the most out of them?
These are GREAT cells, GREAT packs. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat. Actually, I'm impressed enough with them that I could sell them.|
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]